ProvenLaw is thrilled to announce Lindsay M. Bayles passed the July administration of the Uniform Bar Examination with flying colors and accepted a position as an attorney at our firm providing Trust, Estate and Tax Planning services.
Shortly after her admission to the Utah Supreme Court in October, Lindsay gained membership to the U.S. District Court, District of Utah. She is currently serving clients in Utah in estate and business planning matters and will soon be licensed to practice in Nevada and Arizona as well. The following law school achievements prove Lindsay’s admirable skillset to provide legal advice and services at an exceptional level:
- Received her Juris Doctor degree with Dean’s Honors
- Maintained academic scholarships throughout undergrad and graduate school
- CALI Awards in Taxation of Business Enterprises and Debtor/Creditor Relations
- Certificates in Taxation, Estate Planning, and Business & Transactional Law with distinction
- Pro Bono Honors with distinction
- Publication: Lori A. McMillan & Lindsay Bayles, Independent Contractor vs. Employee: Getting it Right with the IRS, 88 J. Kan. B. Ass’n, Nov./Dec. 2019, at 72-74
Lindsay is a graduate from both Desert Hills High School (high honors) and Dixie State University (magna cum laude). After graduating from DSU she attended Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas. While in law school, she had the unique opportunity to be the Janet D. Steiger fellow in the Consumer Protection and Antitrust Division of the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.
In her spare time, she served as Vice President (2019) and President (2020) of the Tax and Estate Planning Association; However, her favorite extracurricular activity was serving as Director of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Clinic where she oversaw volunteers preparing tax returns for low-income families helping them receive over one million dollars in credits and refunds by the end of tax season.
Lindsay has prioritized community service her whole life. In high school she led school-wide service projects as President of the Service Club. She is thrilled to be back in Southern Utah and looks forward to giving back to such a great community
Lindsay belongs to the following organizations:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Southern Utah Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Utah
- Tax section of the Utah Bar
- Estate Planning section of the Utah Bar
ProvenLaw is thrilled to have Lindsay on board, joining a highly competent and experienced team of attorneys and paralegals specializing in estate planning and administration. If you want to know more about estate planning or would like schedule a consultation with Lindsay, visit proven.law/book or call the office directly at (435) 275-2415.